Old 03-30-2008, 09:34 PM
Craig White

Default **** **** **** **** ****Help installing Fedora 8 on iMac G3

Might as well let it go as I would expect that their 24 window of
bandwidth limiting will expire.

I'm also thinking that the same bandwidth limiting would occur if you
download the DVD - that is 3.9 Gb which I would assume to be larger than
the bandwidth required to do the install via http.

Craig

Old 03-31-2008, 02:18 AM
Craig White

I was hoping that it was still downloading the rest of the packages and
that you haven't interrupted because it should eventually finish.

Craig

Old 03-31-2008, 05:22 AM
Craig White

You could probably lighten up the initial install and add packages after
you get running.

I suspect that you might need my xorg.conf file (I've got a few of them
for iMac G3's) as I had to work out issues with the display and there
are iMac G3's with different video cards. If you have trouble getting X
started after install, be sure to sound off to the list.

Craig