-   -   Gnome time format wrong again (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/619482-gnome-time-format-wrong-again.html)

Robert Moskowitz 01-10-2012 06:30 PM

Gnome time format wrong again

Again the time format has switched from date-AM/PM to DoW-24hr. It
happened sometime since last night. I don't always look hard at the
time, but I know it was the 'right' format last night. The settings are
right. Last time a <alt-F1>r put the format back. Before I try that
which log file might I look into for something happening (and what to
look for) that might point to the problem. Perhaps I might even file a
bug report....

Aaron Konstam 01-10-2012 07:55 PM

On Tue, 2012-01-10 at 14:30 -0500, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> Again the time format has switched from date-AM/PM to DoW-24hr. It
> happened sometime since last night. I don't always look hard at the
> time, but I know it was the 'right' format last night. The settings are
> right. Last time a <alt-F1>r put the format back. Before I try that
> which log file might I look into for something happening (and what to
> look for) that might point to the problem. Perhaps I might even file a
> bug report....

How are you setting it? Are you using: Application-> System Tools
->system settings-> Date and Time?
Have you set the syswtem time to utc using system-config-date?
Not doing the latter will cause random time variations as I found out
the hard way,

Robert Moskowitz 01-10-2012 08:27 PM

Gnome time format wrong again

Again the time format has switched from date-AM/PM to DoW-24hr. It
happened sometime since last night. I don't always look hard at the
time, but I know it was the 'right' format last night. The settings are
right. Last time a<alt-F1>r put the format back. Before I try that
which log file might I look into for something happening (and what to
look for) that might point to the problem. Perhaps I might even file a
bug report....

How are you setting it? Are you using: Application-> System Tools
->system settings-> Date and Time?

Yes. And you can also get to it from the System Settings choice from
clicking on user on the right on the top panel.

Have you set the syswtem time to utc using system-config-date?

Been set for utc since install. Just checked and it is still set for utc.

Not doing the latter will cause random time variations as I found out
the hard way,

I am also using ntp.

Robert Moskowitz 01-11-2012 03:52 AM

[...]

So I ran <alt-F2>r and the date is back to the desired format.

Will try to be more alert to its changing and then quickly check the
logs....