Old 01-10-2012, 02:05 PM
Kevin Martin

Default Wrong file owner

On 01/10/2012 08:09 AM, Ed Greshko wrote:

On 01/10/2012 08:56 PM, Frank Murphy wrote:

My logwatch is giving the following.

Wrong file owner (/var/spool/cron/frank):

It's probably happened during uid:gid change.

Should file be root:root,
I have it user:root.

An easy way to check for yourself would be to user another user to
create a crontab file with only a comment line. Or to delete the file
manually and recreate it using crontab -e.

A little test/experimentation can go a long way....

FYI, on the system here (F16) the file is created as "user:root".

FWIW, when I create a crontab file on my machine as a user "user1"
the file permissions/ownership for /var/spool/cron/user1 are:

-rw-------** 1 user1 root*** 6 Jan 10 08:54 user1

Kevin