-   -   Fed 16 and fingerprint scanners (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/618620-fed-16-fingerprint-scanners.html)

Alexander Volovics 01-08-2012 12:40 PM

Fed 16 and fingerprint scanners

I have a Thinkpad t520 with a fingerprint scanner/sensor/whatever.

I don't really need it but as it's built in why not use it.
However the success rate is about 20-30%

Should I chalk this up to my unprintable fingers or can it
be improved through 'tweaking' of some sort.

AV
*Rivers flow, work habits*

Joe Zeff 01-08-2012 05:45 PM

Fed 16 and fingerprint scanners

Should I chalk this up to my unprintable fingers or can it
be improved through 'tweaking' of some sort.

I'd suggest having two or three of your friends try it. If it works
well for them, it might be your fingers. If they have no more luck than
you do, it's either the hardware or the drivers.

Alexander Volovics 01-09-2012 09:31 AM

On Sun, Jan 08, 2012 at 10:45:24AM -0800, Joe Zeff wrote:

> On 01/08/2012 05:40 AM, Alexander Volovics wrote:
> >Should I chalk this up to my unprintable fingers or can it
> >be improved through 'tweaking' of some sort.

> I'd suggest having two or three of your friends try it. If it works
> well for them, it might be your fingers. If they have no more luck
> than you do, it's either the hardware or the drivers.

Worth trying. Though I suspect it is a combination of 'hardware'
(a tiny slit of 2x12 millimeters) and inconsistent 'swiping'.

AV
*Rivers flow, work habits*

Frank Murphy 01-09-2012 09:39 AM

Fed 16 and fingerprint scanners

Worth trying. Though I suspect it is a combination of 'hardware'
(a tiny slit of 2x12 millimeters) and inconsistent 'swiping'.

AV

Also check for problems, on MS Windows forums (Google).
if yes, it is probably the hardware.

Frank Murphy
UTF_8 Encoded
Friend of fedoraproject.org