Old 01-08-2012, 12:36 PM
Brian Hanks

Default Loading smbd. (Paolo De Michele)

Hi,

Ref: 3.1.6-1.fc16.x86_64

What is the right way of always loading SMBD at startup.

Thanks,

hi Lucélio,

the correct command is: chkconfig smb on
this allows you to start at boot the samba daemon

Actually, since the reference is to Fedora 16, you'll need to use
systemctl instead of chkconfig.* You might also want to start nmb
depending upon your usage.* A combined set of commands to enable and
start both services would look like this:

systemctl enable smb.service nmb.service

systemctl start smb.service nmb.service

A great reference can be found at the following link:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SysVinit_to_Systemd_Cheatsheet

Regards,

Brian

Old 01-08-2012, 04:11 PM
Lucélio Gomes de Freitas

Hi Brian Hanks, thanks for your reply,

It is working now.

I'll read your reference pointer.

Would you help me with an other problem in a test
environment(MAQ01):

Ref: 3.1.6-1.fc16.x86_64 native with VirtualBox-OSE.x86_64.

A virtual machine(VirtualBox->WinVista64) is reaching the samba
of the referenced Linux.

I've liberated all known permissions. Why I can't see some
files(.txt, .exe) from WinVista64, and I can see all folders and
sub-folders, but I can't write on them.

[Lucelio@MAQ01 ~]$ pwd

/home/Lucelio

[Lucelio@MAQ01 ~]$ cd ../Windows

[Lucelio@MAQ01 Windows]$ ls -l

total 23752

drwxrwxrwx. 6 Lucelio GRUPO01**** 4096 Dez 21 16:22 Antiga
Maq01(Tânia Disco F)* ##I can see this

-rwxrwxrwx. 1 Lucelio GRUPO01 24312056 Dez 21 16:34
AP48.exe*************************** ##I can't see this

-rw-rw-rw-. 1 Lucelio GRUPO01****** 17 Jan* 8 08:54 Teste de

[Lucelio@MAQ01 Windows]$

Any suggestion please?