Old 01-06-2012, 04:36 PM
Steven Stern

Default gscan2pdf problem

I have an HP 8500 printer/scanner and am trying to scan from gscan2pdf.

When I initiate a scan, the paper is fed from the document feeder, but
no content is transferred into it.

Scanning from xsane works as expected.

Any ideas?

--
-- Steve

Old 01-06-2012, 06:42 PM
"Mikkel L. Ellertson"

Old 01-06-2012, 07:22 PM
Steven Stern

On 01/06/2012 01:42 PM, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:

> On 01/06/2012 11:36 AM, Steven Stern wrote:
>> I have an HP 8500 printer/scanner and am trying to scan from gscan2pdf.
>
>> When I initiate a scan, the paper is fed from the document feeder, but
>> no content is transferred into it.
>
>> Scanning from xsane works as expected.
>
>> Any ideas?
>

> You can try running gscan2pdf from a terminal and see if it
> generates any error messages.
>
> Mikkel

I installed xsane and now it works....

--