-   -   Neal Becker Software Package..? (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/616718-neal-becker-software-package.html)

"Linda McLeod" 01-03-2012 10:05 PM

Neal Becker Software Package..?

http://www.google.ca/search?q=Neal+Becker&btnG=Search&hl=en&output=sear ch&sclient=psy-ab&gbv=1&sei=WIEDT93RBubV0QGkpsTDCQ

http://www.google.ca/search?q=Neal+Becker+cracking+hacking+core+dump+co nquer+linux&btnG=Search&hl=en&output=search&sclien t=psy-ab&gbv=1&sei=WIEDT93RBubV0QGkpsTDCQ

http://www.google.ca/search?q=Neal+Becker+police+officer&btnG=Search&hl =en&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&gbv=1&sei=WIEDT93RBubV0QGkpsTDCQ

http://www.google.ca/search?q=Neal+Becker+cracking+hacking+core+dump&bt nG=Search&hl=en&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&gbv=1&sei=WIEDT93RBubV0QGkpsTDCQ

You must be one of this Species greats..?

What do you think of " Storm" E-virus..?

What do you think of building a second Internet.. labelling it "Fear"..
Add "Storm as a cyber-weapon.. Equip "Fear" with all the cyber weaponry
possible.. including "scent-shooter safes" attached to towers..? You
can tell your opponent exactly what you think of it, by pushing the very
worst smell on the planet, right into its face.. right through all his
firewalled defences like "a hot knife cutting through warm butter"...

Build "war-internet" so it requires a brand new box to enter Cyber's
WW4, "Fear".. "EnterFear if you must... Upload all the crap from this
gentle Internet into "Fear".. Erase all that vile sewage out of our
people-class internet...

First offence for a Fear-Rider infecting the gentle internet with fear's
crap, is one whole year in a dim room with only an apple brown-screen,
a huge-box of 5" floppies, no phone/no cable/no airless.. "a year in
hacker-hell".. All the bully's electronics, including TV's, gets
donated to poor families a thousand miles away... Essentially
"protecting heaven, using hell as a shield" = "democracy"...

With a clean internet.. maybe we can get the good half of humanity out
of the bad half's hell, split the Race, and get on with building a
healthy new planet from this one, given it's the only one we've got, and
it's dying...

When we gonna start fixing our planet..?

When it's dead?..

Neal.. Have you invented any software that would make "Fear" run good
and gutsy..?

Richard Hughes 01-04-2012 09:51 AM

On 3 January 2012 23:05, Linda McLeod <lindavaldeen@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> users mailing list
> users@lists.fedoraproject.org

Either the moderators ban this user, or I'm unsubscribing. The
signal-to-noise ratio is just too low at the moment and it's wasting
my time.

Richard.

Alan Cox 01-04-2012 10:27 AM

Neal Becker Software Package..?

On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 10:51:05 +0000
Richard Hughes <hughsient@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3 January 2012 23:05, Linda McLeod <lindavaldeen@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> > users mailing list
> > users@lists.fedoraproject.org
>
> Either the moderators ban this user, or I'm unsubscribing. The
> signal-to-noise ratio is just too low at the moment and it's wasting
> my time.

Most people already left for fedora forum and the like. The list is
basically not managed so its useless. If you want to fix that you need
to take it up with the fedora board I believe.

Alan

Patrick O'Callaghan 01-04-2012 11:25 AM

On Wed, 2012-01-04 at 11:27 +0000, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 10:51:05 +0000
> Richard Hughes <hughsient@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 3 January 2012 23:05, Linda McLeod <lindavaldeen@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> > > users mailing list
> > > users@lists.fedoraproject.org
> >
> > Either the moderators ban this user, or I'm unsubscribing. The
> > signal-to-noise ratio is just too low at the moment and it's wasting
> > my time.
>
> Most people already left for fedora forum and the like. The list is
> basically not managed so its useless. If you want to fix that you need
> to take it up with the fedora board I believe.

No doubt some people have done so, but "most people"? Do you have
information on this? Enquiring minds want to know.

poc

Patrick O'Callaghan 01-04-2012 11:27 AM

On Wed, 2012-01-04 at 10:51 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On 3 January 2012 23:05, Linda McLeod <lindavaldeen@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> > users mailing list
> > users@lists.fedoraproject.org
>
> Either the moderators ban this user, or I'm unsubscribing. The
> signal-to-noise ratio is just too low at the moment and it's wasting
> my time.

You can always just filter posts from certain annoying users, but if you
want to ask for someone to be banned you need to write directly to the
list admins (not moderators, this list is not moderated). You can get
the address from the list info page.

poc

Neal Becker 01-04-2012 11:37 AM

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

> On Wed, 2012-01-04 at 11:27 +0000, Alan Cox wrote:
>> On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 10:51:05 +0000
>> Richard Hughes <hughsient@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Either the moderators ban this user, or I'm unsubscribing. The
>> > signal-to-noise ratio is just too low at the moment and it's wasting
>> > my time.
>>
>> Most people already left for fedora forum and the like. The list is
>> basically not managed so its useless. If you want to fix that you need
>> to take it up with the fedora board I believe.
>
> No doubt some people have done so, but "most people"? Do you have
> information on this? Enquiring minds want to know.
>
> poc

Yeah, well, how do you think I feel having found this first thing this morning?

Olav Vitters 01-04-2012 11:45 AM

On Wed, Jan 04, 2012 at 11:27:11AM +0000, Alan Cox wrote:
> Most people already left for fedora forum and the like. The list is
> basically not managed so its useless. If you want to fix that you need
> to take it up with the fedora board I believe.

FWIW, I'm willing to moderate (after effect, doesn't have to be done
before the post arrives to the mailing list). I do so already for GNOME.

Anyone know whom in Fedora decides this / hands out / approves listadmin
permissions? In GNOME I just do because I am able (sysadmin).

Olav

"Paul W. Frields" 01-04-2012 12:18 PM

On Wed, Jan 04, 2012 at 07:37:30AM -0500, Neal Becker wrote:
> Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2012-01-04 at 11:27 +0000, Alan Cox wrote:

> >> Most people already left for fedora forum and the like. The list is
> >> basically not managed so its useless. If you want to fix that you need
> >> to take it up with the fedora board I believe.
> >
> > No doubt some people have done so, but "most people"? Do you have
> > information on this? Enquiring minds want to know.
> >
> > poc
> >

> Yeah, well, how do you think I feel having found this first thing this morning?

Sorry for the noise. As I reported in another message, an erroneous
filter kept me from seeing an earlier complaint to the list owners
about this user, who's now being moderated.

Alan Cox 01-04-2012 12:23 PM

Neal Becker Software Package..?

On Wed, 04 Jan 2012 07:55:28 -0430
"Patrick O'Callaghan" <pocallaghan@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 2012-01-04 at 11:27 +0000, Alan Cox wrote:
> > On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 10:51:05 +0000
> > Richard Hughes <hughsient@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Either the moderators ban this user, or I'm unsubscribing. The
> > > signal-to-noise ratio is just too low at the moment and it's wasting
> > > my time.
> >
> > Most people already left for fedora forum and the like. The list is
> > basically not managed so its useless. If you want to fix that you need
> > to take it up with the fedora board I believe.
>
> No doubt some people have done so, but "most people"? Do you have
> information on this? Enquiring minds want to know.

Plot graphs of active contributors to this list and their active time on
the list before leaving, compare with the power curve you got from doing
it with old data. It speaks volumes.

For comparison do the same with the Fedora forums, although there you'll
really need to do a bit of statistical sampling as I don't know a polite
and reasonable way to pull the needed data and crunch it locally.

Alan

g 01-04-2012 02:09 PM

On 01/04/2012 10:51 AM, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On 3 January 2012 23:05, Linda McLeod <lindavaldeen@fastmail.fm> wrote:
>> users mailing list
>> users@lists.fedoraproject.org
>
> Either the moderators ban this user, or I'm unsubscribing. The
> signal-to-noise ratio is just too low at the moment and it's wasting
> my time.
-=-

Richard,

if poster squashes your melons so much, why do you not set up 'troll'
filter? filter on 'From:' and 'Body:' for troll's name. then all you
would have to contend with is repliers who do not leave op's name in
body and you have to add 'Subject:' to filter.

if you used an offline email client, it would be even easier as you
could thread and mark troll's emails as read and give them a special
tag color and you would know to leave that thread alone.

granted moderating would be nice, but such does require someone
having to spend time doing what you could do for yourself.

personally, i find a some of Linda's post to be amusing and i enjoy
a little 'sidetrack' from time to time. granted she/he/it does go a
little overboard sometimes, bwtf, that is all a part of it.

--

peace out.

tc.hago,

.

*please reply "plain text" only. "html text" are deleted*

****
**
**
**