Old 01-09-2012, 05:44 PM
Joe Zeff

Default Neal Becker Software Package..?

On 01/09/2012 09:19 AM, Claude Jones wrote:

"Gnome3, after suitable configuration, is the greatest desktop
environment ever created for Linux"

I would have given your obvious troll the type of response it deserved:
none.

Old 01-09-2012, 06:19 PM
jdow

On 2012/01/09 09:19, Claude Jones wrote:

On 1/7/2012 4:55 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:

Which is not what you said; you made a Great Big Fscking Deal out of the
fact that you "need to log in," which as I pointed out is false for most
people. Now, if you're so lazy that you can't be arsed......

what I said in my original defense of my post re: Christopher's assertion on
fora vs mail-lists - "the phrasing is precisely the kind of sophomoric posturing
that leads to endless disputes"

Perhaps my choice of words in the original reply to Christopher Svanefalk which
triggered this side thread was inappropriate, but my concern for what it might
trigger was not

Now, suppose I posted the following:

"Gnome3, after suitable configuration, is the greatest desktop environment ever
created for Linux"

Declarations of this type are never useful - I rest...

That needs to be wrapped in an IMAO and a YMMV disclaimer pair. Otherwise it
overruns into a religious war. We have enough of that going on around us. We
don't need to create our own rwars.

{^_-}