Old 01-03-2012, 08:45 PM
William Case

Default Gnote + Gome 3

Hi;

You can't always believe what you read !?

Google shows several conversations about gnote not yet being integrated
into gnome. Yet in Fedora 15 I had a little menu icon on a bottom panel
task bar/ notification area. I have no remembrance of putting it there,
but it just seemed to show up one day. So I don't know how to get it
back in Fedora 16. I have tried everything I can think of.

Gnote has become one of my most important aids to writing. How can I
get it back so that it is handy? And, get it so that I don't have to
open the search menu with it? I used to have a recently used notes
list.

--
Regards Bill

Old 01-03-2012, 09:06 PM
"Germán A. Racca"

You can't always believe what you read !?

Google shows several conversations about gnote not yet being integrated
into gnome. Yet in Fedora 15 I had a little menu icon on a bottom panel
task bar/ notification area. I have no remembrance of putting it there,
but it just seemed to show up one day. So I don't know how to get it
back in Fedora 16. I have tried everything I can think of.

Gnote has become one of my most important aids to writing. How can I
get it back so that it is handy? And, get it so that I don't have to
open the search menu with it? I used to have a recently used notes
list.

Hi William,

I had the same problem, and I found a solution, that at least works for me:

$ gsettings set org.gnome.gnote use-status-icon true

HTH,
Germán.

--
Germán A. Racca
Fedora Package Maintainer

Old 01-04-2012, 12:16 AM
nomnex

> On Tue, 03 Jan 2012 16:45:38 -0500
> William Case <billlinux@rogers.com> wrote:
>
> Gnote has become one of my most important aids to writing.

I would definitely give Zim a look, for anything more serious than
electronic post-it notes. It's a wiki desktop.

--
nomnex <nomnex@gmail.com>
Freenode: nomnex

Old 01-04-2012, 04:34 AM
Robert Chapman

Old 01-04-2012, 12:35 PM
Brian Millett

On Tue, 03 Jan 2012 20:06:01 -0200
"Germán A. Racca" <german.racca@gmail.com> wrote:

> $ gsettings set org.gnome.gnote use-status-icon true

A very nice gem! This has been bugging me for a while.

Thanks.

--
Brian Millett
"Do you know what its like when telepaths make love, Commander? You drop