Old 01-03-2012, 05:38 PM
luis redondo

Default Advice from filesystems expert needed.

I have tried to put in /etc/fstab the following entry for a SDHC card:
/dev/mmcblk0 * */media/C589-D18A * * vfat * * umask=000 * * *0 0
but Ubuntu when boots tells me that the device is not ready to mount and I was given theoption to skip mounting which I do.The entry is for trying that everybodycould write to the SDHC card.Now,I cannot put tcpdump writing to the SDHC card*but the card mounts automatically without any entry in fstab.
* * * * * *

Old 01-03-2012, 05:41 PM
Boris Epstein

I have tried to put in /etc/fstab the following entry for a SDHC card:
/dev/mmcblk0 * */media/C589-D18A * * vfat * * umask=000 * * *0 0
but Ubuntu when boots tells me that the device is not ready to mount and I was given the
option to skip mounting which I do.The entry is for trying that everybodycould write to the SDHC card.Now,I cannot put tcpdump writing to the SDHC card*but the card mounts automatically without any entry in fstab.

Removable devices such as SDHC cards are best handled by the autodetect/automount processes. If you want to mount it at boot time then the system will expect it to always be there, I believe.

Is that a fair expectation?
Boris.