Old 01-03-2012, 02:37 PM
Neal Becker

Default Howto get core dump?

In recent fedoras, core dumps seem to be intercepted and handled by abrtd.

What if I want my core dump of my code?

Old 01-03-2012, 06:51 PM
JB

Neal Becker <ndbecker2 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> In recent fedoras, core dumps seem to be intercepted and handled by abrtd.
>
> What if I want my core dump of my code?

abrt.conf(5)
/etc/abrt/abrt.conf
JB

Old 01-03-2012, 07:17 PM
Neal Becker

JB wrote:

> Neal Becker <ndbecker2 <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

>> In recent fedoras, core dumps seem to be intercepted and handled by abrtd.
>>
>> What if I want my core dump of my code?
>>

> abrt.conf(5)
> /etc/abrt/abrt.conf
> JB

Well it looks like the answer was much simpler. I just needed to set ulimit -c.
I was under the impression that abrt was why I wasn't seeing a core dump, but
didn't try the obvious thing first.

Old 01-03-2012, 07:41 PM
Joe Zeff