Old 01-02-2012, 08:05 PM
Juan

Default IPv6 tunnel doesn't start on boot

Hello, I have configured a IPv6-in-IPv4 tunnel with tunnelbroker.net as
seen here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_setup_tunnel_broker_via_Hurricane_Electric# Network_configuration_file

It works well, but I can't make it to start at boot although it has the
option ONBOOT=yes. Is this normal? Maybe it needs NetworkManager to
start the real interface before bring this online, but I doubt it. Any
help? or do I fill a bug report?

Also, I would like to control the radvd daemon when the interface goes
up or down. But as I have seen, the option IPV6_CONTROL_RADVD only is in
effect with 6to4 tunnels because of a limitation of the init scripts.
Are there any workaround for this?

I think there is space for improvement here, NetworkManager should take
care of this.
Any advice is welcome.
Thank you.

Old 01-03-2012, 06:13 AM
Hiisi

Dumb question: do you have networking service enabled?
Sorry for top-posting, I'm using cellphone to post to the list.

--
Hiisi.
Spandex is a privilege, not a right.

Old 01-03-2012, 01:13 PM

*

--
Hiisi.
Spandex is a privilege, not a right.

Here's my /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-sit1 config:

DEVICE=sit1

BOOTPROTO=none

/>
IPV6INIT=yes

IPV6TUNNELIPV4=64.62.134.130

IPV6ADDR=2001:470:eda::2/64

NM_CONTROLLED=no

DNS1=2001:470:20::2

DNS2=74.82.42.42

additionally i have in my /etc/sysconfig/network

IPV6_CONTROL_RADVD=yes

IPV6_DEFAULTDEV=sit1

IPV6INIT=yes

IPV6FORWARDING=yes

it works for me.

also try*

systemctl enable network.service

just to make sure that the network service is set to run on boot in systemd

Old 01-03-2012, 01:39 PM
Juan

El mar, 03-01-2012 a las 15:13 +0800, Hiisi escribió:
> Dumb question: do you have networking service enabled?
> Sorry for top-posting, I'm using cellphone to post to the list.

You are right, I thought the old network service should start the
interfaces not controlled by NetworkManager, but I see it's not that
way.

Thank you!