-   -   F16: Rhythmbox fails to sync iPod Classic (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/615866-f16-rhythmbox-fails-sync-ipod-classic.html)

"Steven F. LeBrun" 01-01-2012 06:37 PM

F16: Rhythmbox fails to sync iPod Classic

I received an iPod Classic (160GB/2009 model) and have been trying
to get it to sync using Rhythmbox.* Every time that I attempt to
sync the iPod using Rhythmbox, Rhythmbox crashes.* It does not
appear to crash the same way each time.* At first, an error dialog
box was appearing just before the crash stating that a plugin was
missing, without stating which plugin or what it was for.* Now I am
getting sigabrt (signal 6), sigsegv (signal 11) and sigfpe (signal
8).

First is anyone successfully syncing both MP3 music files and MP3
podcast files?

Any suggestions as to what is wrong, how to get more diagnostics
and/or how to fix the problem will be greatly appreciated.

Note, Rhythmbox appears to see the iPod.* It shows up on the Devices
list and Rhythmbox can play music from the iPod.* The Syncs are only
partially success; some music and podcast files get copied to the
iPod but not all of them.

Rhythmbox:*** rhythmbox-2.90.1-17.git20110927.fc16

Kernal:*** *** *** 3.1.6-1.fc16.x86_64

iPod:*** *** *** *** iPod Classic, 160 GB 2009

--

**Steven F. LeBrun

Dell XPS 15R

64 bit, 8 GB