Old 01-01-2012, 03:15 PM
Frank Murphy

Default nfs mounts in fstab

(I have line wraps here)

my.server.here://nfs/store01 /home/myuser/Net01
nfs user,rw,noauto,hard,intr 0 0

The problem I'm having is myuser on the client is uid:1000
(my son set up his own PC with Fedora16)
on the server myuser uid:500

I was thinking:
my.server.here://nfs/store01 /home/myuser/Net01
nfs suid=500,rw,noauto,hard,intr 0 0

(it's little nas can't change nada in it)
Yes, it seemed like a good buy at the time.

Going by basic:
http://www.troubleshooters.com/linux/nfs.htm#_Mounting_an_NFS_Share_on_a_Client

Frank Murphy
UTF_8 Encoded
Friend of fedoraproject.org

Old 01-01-2012, 04:25 PM
Genes MailLists

On 01/01/2012 11:15 AM, Frank Murphy wrote:
> (I have line wraps here)
>
> my.server.here://nfs/store01 /home/myuser/Net01 nfs
> user,rw,noauto,hard,intr 0 0
>

> The problem I'm having is myuser on the client is uid:1000
> (my son set up his own PC with Fedora16)
> on the server myuser uid:500

UID's matter more than usernames ... nfs4 has some user mapping
features but I cannot speak to them.

I would suggest you bite the bullet and move the uid's on server from
>= 500 to >= 1000 (and of course match client usernames).

I just did this on my servers - you should of course shut down services
(sendmail, dovecot etc) before fixing the /etc/passwd and /etc/group
files - then

chown -R user.user XXX

where XXX = /home/user, /var/mail/user etc.

Before restarting services.

If you have other mixed owner directories then the command
chown -R --fromld_uidld_gid uid:gid

can be helpful (you can do the uid and gid separately as well if you
have shared groups for example.

gene