Old 12-31-2011, 10:27 PM
"Gregory P. Ennis"

Default RS880 Audio Device (Radeon HD 4200) HDMI sound interface difficulties

Everyone,

I have a new install of F16 on a Gateway laptop with an ATI Movility
Radeon HD4250 that I am not able to get any sound output through an hdmi
interface. I believe that I have the sound interface selected
appropriately. The speakers on the laptop work fine, but there is no
sound to the hdmi. I have also tested the hdmi receiver with a
different laptop and it is working satisfactorily.

Does anyone know if there are special drivers that are needed for this.

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks much,

Greg Ennis