Old 03-28-2008, 11:08 PM
Timothy Murphy

Default BackupPC

Is there a reasonably-recent Fedora-oriented tutorial or howto
on BackupPC anywhere on the net?
(I have been reading the widely-cited Debian tutorial
at <http://www.howtoforge.com/linux_backuppc>.)

I've been backing up with a rather simple-minded rsync script,
but thought I'd go over to something more sophisticated.

I wonder what alternative backup programs people would recommend
for Fedora-8, and if possible for CentOS-5.1 too.
(Sadly, BackupPC does not seem to be available for CentOS.)

Any suggestions or advice gratefully received.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366

Old 03-28-2008, 11:15 PM
Thomas Kappelmueller

Timothy Murphy wrote:
Is there a reasonably-recent Fedora-oriented tutorial or howto
on BackupPC anywhere on the net?

(I have been reading the widely-cited Debian tutorial
at <http://www.howtoforge.com/linux_backuppc>.)

I've been backing up with a rather simple-minded rsync script,
but thought I'd go over to something more sophisticated.

I wonder what alternative backup programs people would recommend
for Fedora-8, and if possible for CentOS-5.1 too.
(Sadly, BackupPC does not seem to be available for CentOS.)

Any suggestions or advice gratefully received.

Hi!

I have been using "rdiff-backup" for about 1 year now.

It does differential backups and it is very easy to use and setup.

Sadly there is no package in CentOS.

I checked, it is a python script. Shouldn't be a problem to port it to
CentOS.

-Tom