Old 12-31-2011, 08:54 AM
Adel ESSAFI

Default problem with konsole of kile on F15

Dear list
In this last day of 2011, I have a question* about konsole of kile on F15.
This konsole do not appear on F15. is there anyone who resolved this.
Regards
Adel

*

--
PhD candidate in Computer Science
Address* * **

Old 12-31-2011, 03:03 PM
stan

On Sat, 31 Dec 2011 10:54:45 +0100
Adel ESSAFI <adelessafi@gmail.com> wrote:

> In this last day of 2011, I have a question about konsole of kile on
> F15. This konsole do not appear on F15. is there anyone who resolved
> this

I don't use this application, but I have no problem starting it from
both x-term and the menu in F15 x86_64, up to date as of Friday. The
first time I started it, I got a message about converting from KDE3 to
KDE4. Probably something in your configuration. Try starting it from
an x-term to see any error messages.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:23 AM
Adel ESSAFI

OK

Old 01-02-2012, 06:28 AM
Adel ESSAFI

hello,
I started it for terminal but I got no warning.
I know that konsole does not exist in kde 4 and kile is writen with kde3.
Could you please verify if you have konsole on your system?
Thanks

Old 01-02-2012, 03:13 PM
stan

On Mon, 2 Jan 2012 08:28:22 +0100
Adel ESSAFI <adelessafi@gmail.com> wrote:

> hello,
> I started it for terminal but I got no warning.

It's possible that it already occurred in the background when you
started it from the menu. I was starting it for the first time when I
started from the command line. It doesn't happen again if I start kile
from the command line.

> I know that konsole does not exist in kde 4 and kile is writen with
> kde3. Could you please verify if you have konsole on your system?

$ rpm -qf /usr/bin/konsole
kdebase-4.6.5-2.fc15.x86_64

I use konsole as my terminal in X. Here is the location of the
configuration file for kile.

$ find ./ -iname "*kile*"
./.kde/share/config/kilerc
./.kde/share/apps/kile/ <-- no files since I don't use the app

You could try moving it to a backup and restarting kile, letting it
generate a new configuration. There might be a system configuration
that you can reset to the package default by removing and reinstalling
the package.

HTH

Old 01-03-2012, 11:52 AM
Adel ESSAFI