Old 12-30-2011, 02:13 PM
Charlie McVeigh

Default Trouble with Burning Video DVD's

Not a Fedora problem exactly, but I am asking here anyways because there
are so many people smarter than me on this board. I am using Fedora 14
as I describe my situation below.

I created a photo sideshow using Imagination and rendered it as a .vob
file such that it is suitable for a video DVD. Using DeVeDe I built the
appropriate menu structure for the video DVD and generated an .iso file
ready for burning as a video DVD. Lastly I used K3b to burn the .iso
image to a DVD+R disk.

Here is were my problem begins – the video DVD will not play on every
device that I put it into. It plays fine on every computer in my house,
my son's Xbox, and a Sony DVD player connected to one of our TV's. It
does *not* play on a neighbors Mac Book Pro, but does play on their DVD
connected to the TV. When I go to another neighbor it does work on their
Mac Book but when playing on their DVD attached to the TV I get
“venetian blind” effect where the DVD is playing but I have stipes
across the screen like looking through a venetian blind.

I am pretty sure the problem is when I am rendering the .vob or creating
the .iso, but I simply don't see any options to tweak. What do I need to
do to get a video DVD that play reliably across many devices?

Old 12-30-2011, 02:30 PM
Frank Murphy