Old 12-30-2011, 11:26 AM
Hiisi

Default p21p1 is down after reboot

Hi, list.
I've deleted NetworkManager and created
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-p21p1 with following content:
DEVICE=p21p1
TYPE=inet
ONBOOT=yes
BOOTPROTO=dhcp
#IPADDR=10.7.0.200
#NETMASK=255.255.255.0
#NETWORK=10.7.0.0
#BROADCAST=10.7.0.1
NAME=p21p1
BRIDGE=br0

Whenever I reboot this system p21p1 is down (I have first to ifconfig
up it and act with dhclient to it). What's the prob? What am I doing
wrong?
TIA
--
Hiisi.
Spandex is a privilege, not a right.

Old 12-30-2011, 11:30 AM
Reindl Harald

Am 30.12.2011 13:26, schrieb Hiisi:
> Hi, list.
> I've deleted NetworkManager and created
> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-p21p1 with following content:
> DEVICE=p21p1
> TYPE=inet
> ONBOOT=yes
> BOOTPROTO=dhcp
> #IPADDR=10.7.0.200
> #NETMASK=255.255.255.0
> #NETWORK=10.7.0.0
> #BROADCAST=10.7.0.1
> NAME=p21p1
> BRIDGE=br0
>
> Whenever I reboot this system p21p1 is down (I have first to ifconfig
> up it and act with dhclient to it). What's the prob? What am I doing
> wrong?

well, did you "chkconfig network on"?
what does the bridge-entry here?

Old 12-30-2011, 11:31 AM
Louis Lagendijk

On Fri, 2011-12-30 at 15:26 +0300, Hiisi wrote:
> Hi, list.
> I've deleted NetworkManager and created
> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-p21p1 with following content:
> DEVICE=p21p1
> TYPE=inet
> ONBOOT=yes
> BOOTPROTO=dhcp
> #IPADDR=10.7.0.200
> #NETMASK=255.255.255.0
> #NETWORK=10.7.0.0
> #BROADCAST=10.7.0.1
> NAME=p21p1
> BRIDGE=br0
>
> Whenever I reboot this system p21p1 is down (I have first to ifconfig
> up it and act with dhclient to it). What's the prob? What am I doing
> wrong?
> TIA
> --
> Hiisi.
> Registered Linux User #487982. Be counted at: http://counter.li.org/
> --
> Spandex is a privilege, not a right.
did you enable network.service:
systemctl enable network.service

Old 12-30-2011, 01:39 PM
Hiisi

On 30 December 2011 16:31, Louis Lagendijk <louis@lagendijk.xs4all.nl> wrote:
> did you enable network.service:
> systemctl enable network.service

Thank you, Reindl and Louis. Guys, you did it! And I'm feeling dumb.
What a shame!
sudo systemctl enable network.service
network.service is not a native service, redirecting to /sbin/chkconfig.
Executing /sbin/chkconfig network on
Warning: unit files do not carry install information. No operation executed.