Old 12-30-2011, 10:34 AM
mike cloaked

Default F16 - a good experience

I know that recently some folk have posted of bad experiences with f16
- however I am running f16 on 6 machines (4 laptops and 2 desktops)
with 4 x86_64 and 2 i686 - and all are now stable, and running with a
responsive and crisp xfce desktop. I can do everything that I need to
do, and one of the machines is a server and has performed flawlessly
since its install about a month ago.

Yes it does need some love and attention to get things configured and
set up working as desired (and some lookups and learning) - but I am
really pretty happy overall with f16 now - so this is general thank
you to all developers and testers in getting f16 to a good working
state - of course there are some residual bugs which need squashing
(Name "any" system has zero bugs after all!).

Have a great New Year all.

--
mike c

Old 12-30-2011, 11:15 AM
Christopher Svanefalk

+1

I love F16, it is the most stable and enjoyable release I have run to date, and I have been running since F8.

--

Lucélio Gomes de Freitas

ETFCSF=> U.G.F.=> P.U.C.(RJ)

Engº, Analista Suporte(Free Mind).

Email: aa.lucelio@gmail.com

Tel: 55 0XX 21 85964911

Old 12-30-2011, 11:37 AM
John Austin

On Fri, 2011-12-30 at 13:15 +0100, Christopher Svanefalk wrote:
> +1
>
> I love F16, it is the most stable and enjoyable release I have run to
> date, and I have been running since F8.
>
> On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 3:41 PM, Lucélio Gomes de Freitas
> <aa.lucelio@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1
>
> Em 30-12-2011 06:34, mike cloaked escreveu:
> > I know that recently some folk have posted of bad
> experiences with f16
> > - however I am running f16 on 6 machines (4 laptops and 2
> desktops)
> > with 4 x86_64 and 2 i686 - and all are now stable, and
> running with a
> > responsive and crisp xfce desktop. I can do everything that
> I need to
> > do, and one of the machines is a server and has performed
> flawlessly
> > since its install about a month ago.
> >
> > Yes it does need some love and attention to get things
> configured and
> > set up working as desired (and some lookups and learning) -
> but I am
> > really pretty happy overall with f16 now - so this is
> general thank
> > you to all developers and testers in getting f16 to a good
> working
> > state - of course there are some residual bugs which need
> squashing
> > (Name "any" system has zero bugs after all!).
> >
> > Have a great New Year all.

+1

Running 4 off F16 64bit (XFCE) onto Centos 6.2 server

Great

John

Old 12-30-2011, 12:20 PM
Maurizio Marini

On Fri, 30 Dec 2011 11:34:01 +0000
mike cloaked <mike.cloaked@gmail.com> wrote:

> responsive and crisp xfce desktop. I can do everything that I need to

but u are not using gnome 3

m.

Old 12-30-2011, 01:41 PM
Lucélio Gomes de Freitas

Old 12-30-2011, 02:10 PM
paul van der meij

Installation was fine, also extra installed packages via rpmfusion OK. However 2 remarks.- upgrade from F14 to F16 seems to work but is not perfekt in cleaning up old packages (I think this is not an intended upgrade path, but anyway)
- selecting of test-updates is not flawless, there are some package dependency issues I think, e.g. in gcc and perl-ExtsUtils-MakeMaker, so i suggest don't use

Old 12-30-2011, 03:50 PM
Aaron Konstam

On Fri, 2011-12-30 at 11:34 +0000, mike cloaked wrote:
> I know that recently some folk have posted of bad experiences with f16
> - however I am running f16 on 6 machines (4 laptops and 2 desktops)
> with 4 x86_64 and 2 i686 - and all are now stable, and running with a
> responsive and crisp xfce desktop. I can do everything that I need to
> do, and one of the machines is a server and has performed flawlessly
> since its install about a month ago.
>
> Yes it does need some love and attention to get things configured and
> set up working as desired (and some lookups and learning) - but I am
> really pretty happy overall with f16 now - so this is general thank
> you to all developers and testers in getting f16 to a good working
> state - of course there are some residual bugs which need squashing
> (Name "any" system has zero bugs after all!).
>
> Have a great New Year all.
>
> --
> mike c

You created. The major bad experiences that were reported were Gnome
3.2 :-)

Old 12-30-2011, 03:51 PM
Patrick Lists

I know that recently some folk have posted of bad experiences with f16
- however I am running f16 on 6 machines (4 laptops and 2 desktops)
with 4 x86_64 and 2 i686 - and all are now stable, and running with a
responsive and crisp xfce desktop. I can do everything that I need to
do, and one of the machines is a server and has performed flawlessly
since its install about a month ago.

Ditto here except I run GNOME3. Got F16 x86_64 on a workstation and
laptop. Must admit that I am still struggling with GNOME3. Luckily the
frippery extensions and some other good stuff on extensions.gnome.org
allow me to mimick GNOME2 pretty well.

Have a great New Year all.

Have a great New Year too.

Regards,