Old 03-28-2008, 06:32 PM
James Kosin

Default How to configure my server to set "ulimit -n 16384"

--
Scanned by ClamAV - http://www.clamav.net

Old 03-28-2008, 06:33 PM
James Kosin

--
Scanned by ClamAV - http://www.clamav.net

Old 03-28-2008, 06:34 PM
"Mikkel L. Ellertson"

thomas Armstrong wrote:

Hi.

I'd like to configure my "ulimit" and change the value:
--------
ulimit -n 16384
--------

It works perfectly if I type it on the shell, but it doesn't work if I
write it within a shell script (/etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd) or within
'/etc/rc.local'

The idea is changing it each time the server starts. Any suggestion?

You may want to take a look at /etc/security/limits.conf. I am
guessing you only want to set that limit for a specific user or
users. I have not played with it, but it looks like the correct
place to set the limit.

Mikkel

Old 03-28-2008, 06:38 PM
James Kosin