Old 03-28-2008, 05:11 PM
"thomas Armstrong"

Default How to configure my server to set "ulimit -n 16384"

Hi.

I'd like to configure my "ulimit" and change the value:
--------
ulimit -n 16384
--------

It works perfectly if I type it on the shell, but it doesn't work if I
write it within a shell script (/etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd) or within
'/etc/rc.local'

The idea is changing it each time the server starts. Any suggestion?

Old 03-28-2008, 05:27 PM
"max bianco"

I'd like to configure my "ulimit" and change the value:

--------

ulimit -n 16384

--------

It works perfectly if I type it on the shell, but it doesn't work if I

write it within a shell script (/etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd) or within

'/etc/rc.local'

The idea is changing it each time the server starts. Any suggestion?

Post the script your using and you'll have better luck getting a good answer.

Max