Old 12-28-2011, 11:00 PM
Joel Rees

Default Why would a particular flash-drive reconfigure itself to be read only, and lock-out admin..?

On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 8:09 AM, Linda McLeod <lindavaldeen@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> Anyone know why a particular flash-drive would reconfigure itself to be
> read only..?

Flash drives are generally very cheaply built. The OS does what it has
to, to deal with them.

>*This F-drive has done this three times, forcing me to

(F-drive? Hmm.)

> format it, and reload the hd backup.. and another has done it once.. *I
> run with ten flash-drives in maintaining a perpetual backup by the
> hour..

Wow. Talk about trying to achieve data center functionality on a hobby budget.

Talk about overkill.

> I reload the hd backup flash yesterday, and now when I click up
> properties, I get "permissions could not be determined"..? *This
> troublesome flash is a "DANE-ELEC" 8-gig".. *I can't trust this
> crap-thing.. *What's the best low priced flash on the market..?

No such thing. You takes what you gets.

Old 12-29-2011, 01:30 AM
Pete Travis

On Dec 28, 2011 4:09 PM, "Linda McLeod" <lindavaldeen@fastmail.fm> wrote:

> Anyone know why a particular flash-drive would reconfigure itself to be

> read only..? *This F-drive has done this three times, forcing me to

> format it, and reload the hd backup.. and another has done it once.. *I

> run with ten flash-drives in maintaining a perpetual backup by the

> hour..

> I reload the hd backup flash yesterday, and now when I click up

> properties, I get "permissions could not be determined"..? *This

> troublesome flash is a "DANE-ELEC" 8-gig".. *I can't trust this

> crap-thing.. *What's the best low priced flash on the market..?

> --

> http://www.fastmail.fm - Accessible with your email software

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_memory

You, too, can find information off-list.*