Old 12-28-2011, 10:43 PM
Ed Greshko

Default nepomukindexer was killed by signal 6 (SIGABRT)

> I have Fedora 16 for x86_64, from time to time it sends the error
> "nepomukindexer was killed by signal 6 (SIGABRT)" thru the Automatic
> Bug Reporting Tool, but now it keeps sending the error every 20 or 30
> seconds and there are lots of instances of nepomuxindexer running at
> the same time one after another consuming a lot of processor...
>
> I read on google that it can be safely disabled, but how can I do that
> and what system functionalities would I lose?

I use the "classic" menu style, but the procedure is pretty much the
same....

Go to "Settings", "System Settings", "Workspace Appearance and
Behavior", "Desktop Search" and uncheck "Enable "Nepomuk Semantic Desktop".

For a discussion on what functions you'll lose, check the archives of
the "Fedora kde users" list for a recent discussion on "nepomuk".

fools. -- Douglas Adams in "Mostly Harmless