Old 12-28-2011, 04:45 PM
Kevin Martin

Default when does --skip-broken get applied when using yumex?

When running "yumex --skip-broken --nogpgcheck" I see a number of packages in the list of updates that are excluded as having
dependency issues if I run "yum --skip-broken --nogpgcheck". Does the skip-broken with yumex get considered *only* if I try to
apply the updates? Until I'm sure about that I'm a little worried about doing an apply with yumex (as many of the packages that get
excluded under yum but not yumex are X packages and I don't want to have a non-working X environment suddenly).

Thanks.

Kevin

Old 12-28-2011, 04:48 PM
Frank Murphy

When running "yumex --skip-broken --nogpgcheck" I see a number of packages in the list of updates that are excluded as having
dependency issues if I run "yum --skip-broken --nogpgcheck". Does the skip-broken with yumex get considered *only* if I try to
apply the updates? Until I'm sure about that I'm a little worried about doing an apply with yumex (as many of the packages that get
excluded under yum but not yumex are X packages and I don't want to have a non-working X environment suddenly).

Thanks.

Kevin

in /etc/yum.conf

skip_broken=1