Old 12-28-2011, 02:10 PM
Klaus-Peter Schrage

Default SOLVED: Enable PHP on local Apache2 server

Am 28.12.2011 15:55, schrieb Reindl Harald:

Am 28.12.2011 15:49, schrieb Klaus-Peter Schrage:

Am 28.12.2011 15:46, schrieb Reindl Harald:

Am 28.12.2011 15:42, schrieb Klaus-Peter Schrage:

Try moving the file to /var/www/html/test.php

DK

Thanks, but than calling /localhost/test.php simply lists the contents of test.php

well, have you installed PHP?
what says "rpm -qa | grep php"?

Quite a lot:
php-cli-5.3.8-3.fc16.x86_64
php-ldap-5.3.8-3.fc16.x86_64
php-pdo-5.3.8-3.fc16.x86_64
php-mysql-5.3.8-3.fc16.x86_64
php-5.3.8-3.fc16.x86_64
php-common-5.3.8-3.fc16.x86_64

Have you the following SOMEWHERE in your httpd-conf-files?
LoadModule php5_module "modules/libphp5.so"
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

Yes, adding those two lines did it: Now I can see the PHP Info page.

But it still seems strange to me that loading the php module isn't an
option in httpd.conf.

Thanks anyway

Old 12-28-2011, 02:13 PM
Reindl Harald

Am 28.12.2011 16:10, schrieb Klaus-Peter Schrage:
>> Have you the following SOMEWHERE in your httpd-conf-files?
>> LoadModule php5_module "modules/libphp5.so"
>> AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
>
> Yes, adding those two lines did it: Now I can see the PHP Info page.
>
> But it still seems strange to me that loading the php module isn't an option in httpd.conf.
> Thanks anyway

server-setup is usually nothing whar anybody should do like turning on a toaster
setup a webserver is a REAL complex thing and dangerous if it is not done well

Old 12-28-2011, 02:17 PM
Klaus-Peter Schrage

Have you the following SOMEWHERE in your httpd-conf-files?
LoadModule php5_module "modules/libphp5.so"
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

Yes, adding those two lines did it: Now I can see the PHP Info page.

But it still seems strange to me that loading the php module isn't an option in httpd.conf.
Thanks anyway

server-setup is usually nothing whar anybody should do like turning on a toaster
setup a webserver is a REAL complex thing and dangerous if it is not done well

That's why I asked: I am willing to learn (even at the age of 64) ...

Old 12-28-2011, 02:25 PM
Remi Collet

Le 28/12/2011 16:10, Klaus-Peter Schrage a écrit :

>> Have you the following SOMEWHERE in your httpd-conf-files?
>> LoadModule php5_module "modules/libphp5.so"
>> AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
>>

> Yes, adding those two lines did it: Now I can see the PHP Info page.

This 2 lines should be present in /etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf, provided
by php package.

So httpd.conf doesn't have to be modified.

Remi.

Old 12-28-2011, 02:26 PM
Steven Stern

On 12/28/2011 09:10 AM, Klaus-Peter Schrage wrote:
> Am 28.12.2011 15:55, schrieb Reindl Harald:

>>> Quite a lot:
>>> php-cli-5.3.8-3.fc16.x86_64
>>> php-ldap-5.3.8-3.fc16.x86_64
>>> php-pdo-5.3.8-3.fc16.x86_64
>>> php-mysql-5.3.8-3.fc16.x86_64
>>> php-5.3.8-3.fc16.x86_64
>>> php-common-5.3.8-3.fc16.x86_64
>> Have you the following SOMEWHERE in your httpd-conf-files?
>> LoadModule php5_module "modules/libphp5.so"
>> AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
>>

> Yes, adding those two lines did it: Now I can see the PHP Info page.
>
> But it still seems strange to me that loading the php module isn't an
> option in httpd.conf.
> Thanks anyway

php should be loaded from /etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf. I's not necessary
(or shouldn't be necessary) to load it from httpd.conf itself. These
lines are included in the standard httpd.conf:

#
# Load config files from the config directory "/etc/httpd/conf.d".
#
Include conf.d/*.conf

--
-- Steve