Old 12-28-2011, 02:15 AM
linux guy

Default OT: SSD recommendations for XPS17 laptop.

It appears as though my Intel X-25 160 GB SSD has died.

I just ordered a new Dell XPS17 laptop with a single 500 GB drive (it
has 2 drive bays) because I expected to replace the drives in it with
the SSD and 750 GB hard drive from my old laptop.

So... I now need a new SSD for my new laptop. Dell wants $350 for a 256GB SSD.

Any ideas or suggestions ?

This is a bit unnerving.
http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/2011/05/the-hot-crazy-solid-state-drive-scale.html