Old 12-27-2011, 09:49 PM
Geoffrey Leach

Default Fedora 16 -Which nfs services should be running

Newly installed Fedora 16 - I'm trying to wrap my head around
systemctl; in particular the nfs services.

Does anyone have a pointer to _current_ doc for the nfs services?

Alternatively, what nfs services do I need to run?

Here's what I have running now:

#systemctl|grep nfs
proc-fs-nfsd.mount loaded active mounted RPC Pipe File
System
nfs-idmap.service loaded active running NFSv4 ID-name
mapping daemon
nfs-lock.service loaded active running NFS file locking
service.
nfs-server.service loaded active running NFS Server

FWIW, the client is running Fedoara 10.
Connection is denied by the server to all of the exported file systems

Old 12-27-2011, 10:18 PM
Ed Greshko

On 12/28/2011 06:49 AM, Geoffrey Leach wrote:
> Newly installed Fedora 16 - I'm trying to wrap my head around
> systemctl; in particular the nfs services.
>
> Does anyone have a pointer to _current_ doc for the nfs services?
>
> Alternatively, what nfs services do I need to run?
>
> Here's what I have running now:
>
> #systemctl|grep nfs
> proc-fs-nfsd.mount loaded active mounted RPC Pipe File
> System
> nfs-idmap.service loaded active running NFSv4 ID-name
> mapping daemon
> nfs-lock.service loaded active running NFS file locking
> service.
> nfs-server.service loaded active running NFS Server
>
> FWIW, the client is running Fedoara 10.
> Connection is denied by the server to all of the exported file systems

Here is what is running for me....

[root@meimei ~]# systemctl|grep nfs
nfs-idmap.service loaded active running NFSv4 ID-name
mapping daemon
nfs-lock.service loaded active running NFS file locking
service.

But, all of my nfs mounts are v4.....which I highly recommend over
previous versions.

I find this document to be very helpful in getting things running....

http://www.crazysquirrel.com/computing/debian/servers/setting-up-nfs4.jspx

and ensure the information in /etc/idmapd.conf is consistent.

fools. -- Douglas Adams in "Mostly Harmless