Old 12-27-2011, 03:04 AM
Mark LaPierre

Default Interesting Totem and OpenOffice.org Writer Interaction

Hey Y'all,

Just an observation, not a bug report.

I just discovered an interesting interaction between Totem Movie Player
2.32.0 using GStreamer 0.10.31 and OpenOffice.org Writer 3.3.0

There is a bug that causes OpenOffice.org Writer to spontaneously open
the menu bar when Totem is running. It's like you're accidentally
hitting the [Alt] key. Very interesting. Even happens when you are not
typing in the OpenOffice.org Writer screen. It only happens when Totem
is actively playing a music file. When the playback ends so does the
odd behavior. Weird hey.

/(_)
^ ^ Mark LaPierre
Registerd Linux user No #267004
www.counter.li.org

Old 12-27-2011, 03:13 AM
Mark Panen

I just discovered an interesting interaction between Totem Movie
Player 2.32.0 using GStreamer 0.10.31 and OpenOffice.org Writer 3.3.0

There is a bug that causes OpenOffice.org Writer to spontaneously open
the menu bar when Totem is running. It's like you're accidentally
hitting the [Alt] key. Very interesting. Even happens when you are
not typing in the OpenOffice.org Writer screen. It only happens when
Totem is actively playing a music file. When the playback ends so
does the odd behavior. Weird hey.

also happens when opera is running, can't use both when totem is running.

Old 12-27-2011, 03:24 AM
Ed Greshko

On 12/27/2011 12:04 PM, Mark LaPierre wrote:
> Hey Y'all,
>
> Just an observation, not a bug report.
>
> I just discovered an interesting interaction between Totem Movie
> Player 2.32.0 using GStreamer 0.10.31 and OpenOffice.org Writer 3.3.0
>
> There is a bug that causes OpenOffice.org Writer to spontaneously open
> the menu bar when Totem is running. It's like you're accidentally
> hitting the [Alt] key. Very interesting. Even happens when you are
> not typing in the OpenOffice.org Writer screen. It only happens when
> Totem is actively playing a music file. When the playback ends so
> does the odd behavior. Weird hey.

Well.... F16, Totem Player 3.2.1 & GStreamer 0.10.35 and LibreOffice
3.4.4. under KDE. No issue.

Can we safely assume you are running F14 or?

fools. -- Douglas Adams in "Mostly Harmless

Old 12-27-2011, 03:44 AM
Mark LaPierre

I just discovered an interesting interaction between Totem Movie
Player 2.32.0 using GStreamer 0.10.31 and OpenOffice.org Writer 3.3.0

There is a bug that causes OpenOffice.org Writer to spontaneously open
the menu bar when Totem is running. It's like you're accidentally
hitting the [Alt] key. Very interesting. Even happens when you are
not typing in the OpenOffice.org Writer screen. It only happens when
Totem is actively playing a music file. When the playback ends so
does the odd behavior. Weird hey.

Well.... F16, Totem Player 3.2.1& GStreamer 0.10.35 and LibreOffice
3.4.4. under KDE. No issue.

Can we safely assume you are running F14 or?

Yup. F14 on Gnome but only for another day or two. I'm going to
Scientific Linux 6.1 X64 during my Christmas break now that F14 has
reached EOL. At least until Gnome gets the bugs worked out in F20 or
so. I'll still be lurking on this list keeping track of how things are
going.

/(_)