Old 12-27-2011, 01:52 AM
Mike Chambers

Default http index page

Hi all,

Since lost my harddrive and have redone everything (cept web, since the
data backup hd is what i lost), thought I start over and with something
new for my web server. I have wordpress installed and have it up and
running.

Now to my question....

As of right now, wordpress has a wordpress.conf file in http dir that
points to /usr/share/wordpress, with alias as /wordpress. I would like
to make my home page without the alias still point to that.

In other words..

http://www.miketc.net/wordpess is what is current.

http://www.miketc.net is what I would like to have, and still be same as
above.

Hope that made sense haha.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Best little town on Earth!"

Old 12-27-2011, 03:51 AM
Craig White

On Mon, 2011-12-26 at 20:52 -0600, Mike Chambers wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Since lost my harddrive and have redone everything (cept web, since the
> data backup hd is what i lost), thought I start over and with something
> new for my web server. I have wordpress installed and have it up and
> running.
>
> Now to my question....
>
> As of right now, wordpress has a wordpress.conf file in http dir that
> points to /usr/share/wordpress, with alias as /wordpress. I would like
> to make my home page without the alias still point to that.
>

> In other words..
>
> http://www.miketc.net/wordpess is what is current.
>
> http://www.miketc.net is what I would like to have, and still be same as
> above.
>
> Hope that made sense haha.
----
It's been a while since I configured wordpress on a RH derived system
but if I recall correctly, you use virtual name based hosts and then in
wordpress.conf, you can change the 'server name' to www.miketc.net and
reload httpd.

Craig

believed to be clean.

Old 12-27-2011, 05:06 AM
Mike Chambers

On Mon, 2011-12-26 at 21:51 -0700, Craig White wrote:

> It's been a while since I configured wordpress on a RH derived system
> but if I recall correctly, you use virtual name based hosts and then in
> wordpress.conf, you can change the 'server name' to www.miketc.net and
> reload httpd.

Dunno how but got it straight via virtual host, and first time haha.
Think can maybe change dir path and do it via main part that way too.

Anyway, thanks for the tip.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Best little town on Earth!"

Old 12-27-2011, 05:14 AM
Craig White

On Tue, 2011-12-27 at 00:06 -0600, Mike Chambers wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-12-26 at 21:51 -0700, Craig White wrote:
>
> > It's been a while since I configured wordpress on a RH derived system
> > but if I recall correctly, you use virtual name based hosts and then in
> > wordpress.conf, you can change the 'server name' to www.miketc.net and
> > reload httpd.
>
> Dunno how but got it straight via virtual host, and first time haha.
> Think can maybe change dir path and do it via main part that way too.
----
actually, I started writing my reply with that in mind but wordpress is
extremely quirky with rewrites and it automatically provides it's own
virtual host file to begin with so it would seem that making the default
httpd.conf try to be the wordpress would create more problems than it
would solve.

Craig

believed to be clean.