Old 12-26-2011, 08:56 PM
Kevin Martin

Default How to uninstall nvidia drivers in runlevel3

On 12/26/2011 03:15 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

Am 26.12.2011 22:07, schrieb Lawrence Graves:

I would like to do an update on my Dell 9400 Inspiron which is running 275.43 nvidia drivers. Is there a command
that will allow me this option if need. Please help.

yum remove packagename

if you have decided to install without rpm-packages consult the manual
of your diver package

Lawrence,

*If you got the drivers from the nVidia website and you are in
runlevel 3 you don't need to do an uninstall to do the update as the
nVidia module is not loaded yet.* just run "yum update" and it will
update, although beware what it updates to as far as your video
driver(s) are concerned.

Kevin

Old 12-26-2011, 09:11 PM
Lawrence Graves

I would like to do an update on my Dell 9400 Inspiron which is running 275.43 nvidia drivers. Is there a command
that will allow me this option if need. Please help.

yum remove packagename

if you have decided to install without rpm-packages consult the manual
of your diver package

Lawrence,

*If you got the drivers from the nVidia website and you are in
runlevel 3 you don't need to do an uninstall to do the update as
the nVidia module is not loaded yet.* just run "yum update" and it
will update, although beware what it updates to as far as your
video driver(s) are concerned.

Kevin

Thanks. Has there been any news as to when they will get* the
290.10 nvidia drivers fixed to install without problems. There are
no new nvidia drivers. It seems the Nvidia people are recommending
the drivers I am running now so I guess I need to leave it alone.
I am not having any problem with the 275.43 drivers so I guess I
should leave well enough alone.
:-)

--

Lawrence Graves
All things are workable but don't all things work.

Old 12-26-2011, 09:21 PM
Joe Zeff