-   -   Boot Disk... (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/613946-boot-disk.html)

"Linda McLeod" 12-26-2011 01:12 AM

Boot Disk...

Boot disk?

From:
"Jeffrey Ross" <jeff@bubble.org> [Add]
To:
"For users of Fedora" <fedora-list@redhat.com> [Add]
Date:
Sun, 25 Dec 2011 1:37 PM (4 hours 28 minutes ago)
Show message - Delete attached message - Save copy of attached
message
Show full header

Is there a way to identify which disk the BIOS is using to boot from (eg
disk 0 or 1) when I don't have physical access to the system to view the
BIOS settings?

The situation is this, I have a machine at a remote location where the
system runs RAID-1 and both disks (0 and 1) can boot the system, I need
to rewrite the boot sectors on the disks and I don't have easy access to
the machine so I have to be careful as to which order I do them.

Thanks, Jeff

I got a bad feeling about that post.. Something "Stinks" real bad...
Me wonders if what you really mean, is that you are a black hatter who
needs to learn how to crack the Linux OS's of your victim's computers,
to cause good people pain and grief...
Are you a policeman there Jeff, who hurts innocent people for your
bosses, by bullying them over the Internet..? Just asking...