Old 12-26-2011, 12:51 AM
"Linda McLeod"

Default Sound not working.. & bootable flash..?

The only solution that I know of to get sound working is:

rpm -ivh
http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-stable.noarch.rpm

yum install gstreamer-plugins-bad gstreamer-ffmpeg
gstreamer-plugins-ugly -y

______________________

Once I've installed the above packages, and sound is working spiffy, how
can I get those packages off of my existing Fedora-14 hd, and into a
newly installed Fedora OS, on another hd, without needing to get it off
the net again, given that it is very likely that those codes may soon be
invalid..?

I'd like to be able to make a bootable ISO to flash and CD of the OS as
I've customized it.. How is that done?..

What settings must be set, to save all update and addon downloads for
copying and installing into a new OS.. without having to be net
connected..? All I've found is a huge list of downloads that must be
done one at a time.. Would be nice if I could download all the updates
to a fresh OS install, and somehow run that through Yumex on each new OS
install...

Where does one find those downloads in the Fedora OS after the updates
have been installed..?
Maybe in Fedora there should be an easy option to save all downloads in
an easy accessible usable install directory or file for reuse...

unladen european swallow