-   -   Fedora 16, XFCE, caps lock (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/613932-fedora-16-xfce-caps-lock.html)

Geoffrey Leach 12-25-2011 11:39 PM

Fedora 16, XFCE, caps lock

With the latest updates, I seem to have lost the ability to map Caps
Lock to Ctrl. Or am I not looking in the right place?

Kevin Fenzi 12-26-2011 04:30 PM

Fedora 16, XFCE, caps lock

On Sun, 25 Dec 2011 16:39:57 -0800
Geoffrey Leach <geoff@hughes.net> wrote:

> With the latest updates, I seem to have lost the ability to map Caps
> Lock to Ctrl. Or am I not looking in the right place?

Might be more fallout from the recent gtk2/gtk3 updates...
Can you set it as 'Primary' instead of Ctrl?

kevin

Geoffrey Leach 12-26-2011 05:23 PM

Fedora 16, XFCE, caps lock

On 12/26/2011 09:30:42 AM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Dec 2011 16:39:57 -0800
> Geoffrey Leach <geoff@hughes.net> wrote:
>
> > With the latest updates, I seem to have lost the ability to map
> Caps
>
> > Lock to Ctrl. Or am I not looking in the right place?
>
> Might be more fallout from the recent gtk2/gtk3 updates...
> Can you set it as 'Primary' instead of Ctrl?

Kevin,

Thanks for the suggestion. I started X from a prompt in the rescue
kernel with startx. That seems to be the cause of the problem. Normal
startup and all is well.

"lpeng564@gmail.com" 12-26-2011 07:07 PM

Fedora 16, XFCE, caps lock

lpeng564@gmail.com