Old 12-25-2011, 01:08 PM
Frank Murphy

Default ssl trouble F16+

Hi trouble logging into soeen https:// sites.

What rpms, would be needed to do so.
In case I accidently removed some.

On updating I get ~/repomd.xml("28", "")
Along with usually error 12 timeouts.

--- Running report_Bugzilla ---
Logging into Bugzilla at https://bugzilla.redhat.com
fatal: XML-RPC(-504): libcurl failed to execute the HTTP POST
transaction, explaining: SSL connect error

(exited with 1)

Frank Murphy
UTF_8 Encoded
Friend of fedoraproject.org

Old 12-25-2011, 01:17 PM
"T.C. Hollingsworth"

On Sun, Dec 25, 2011 at 7:08 AM, Frank Murphy <frankly3d@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi trouble logging into soeen https:// sites.
>
> What rpms, would be needed to do so.
> In case I accidently removed some.
>
> On updating I get ~/repomd.xml("28", "")
> Along with usually error 12 timeouts.
>
> --- Running report_Bugzilla ---
> Logging into Bugzilla at https://bugzilla.redhat.com
> fatal: XML-RPC(-504): libcurl failed to execute the HTTP POST transaction,
> explaining: *SSL connect error
> (exited with 1)

Are you running the latest nss (3.13.1)? There are some scattered bug
reports across several distributions of problems with it, and a
previous nss update that never made it out of updates-testing broke
HTTPS horribly.

Try downgrading it and see if that helps. (You might need to the edit
the files in /etc/yum.repos.d/ to use HTTP instead of HTTPS to even
get YUM to work.)

-T.C.