Old 12-25-2011, 10:30 PM
Larry Brower

Default Giving Up On Fedora

Old 12-25-2011, 10:59 PM
Craig White

On Sun, 2011-12-25 at 17:15 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Dec 2011 13:55:18 +0100, SB (Swapnil) wrote:
>
> > I did not want that subject line, but am forced to.
>
> No, you aren't forced to make a drama out of it. Also, some lines of your
> message read as if your decision to give up is not final yet.

----
you realize of course that this is just another id for /Linux is
One/Linux Tyro/Rameshwar Kr. Sharma/

One of the Ubuntu list members is also a member of the OpenSuSE list and
he's been filling me in on all of the various ID's (he calls it
nymshifting but I never heard the term before).

Now I'm not saying that he's not worth helping but the drama about
'giving up on Fedora' or 'writing an article for a magazine' or
whatever... just seems to accumulate.

Craig

believed to be clean.

Old 12-25-2011, 11:29 PM
Michael Schwendt

On Sun, 25 Dec 2011 16:59:14 -0700, CW (Craig) wrote:

> you realize of course that this is just another id for /Linux is
> One/Linux Tyro/Rameshwar Kr. Sharma/

Could be true, doesn't change much. Given the amount of traffic on this
list, I comment on random posts I run into or on specific topics I find
interesting. If the contents of the posts don't lead to anything fruitful,
there's a higher chance that my replies will stop suddenly.

For any people, who practise role-playing on mailing-lists like this one
(or in forums), it will become a lonely place for them eventually, and they
will return with a different name or pseudonym, … but it might stay a
lonely place for them nevertheless, because the contents of their posts
(and their attitude) don't change.

A couple of experienced troll-hunters on this list expose disguised
troublemakers, who have been here using other names before, regularly, and
I bet it will happen again.

Old 12-26-2011, 05:27 AM
LinuxIsOne

On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 5:29 AM, Craig White <craigwhite@azapple.com> wrote:

> you realize of course that this is just another id for /Linux is
> One/Linux Tyro/Rameshwar Kr. Sharma/

> One of the Ubuntu list members is also a member of the OpenSuSE list and
> he's been filling me in on all of the various ID's (he calls it
> nymshifting but I never heard the term before).

> Now I'm not saying that he's not worth helping but the drama about
> 'giving up on Fedora' or 'writing an article for a magazine' or
> whatever... just seems to accumulate.

Really not, you are misunderstood, I assume, and I am not Linux Tyro,
you should know it.

Old 12-26-2011, 06:57 AM
Swapnil Bhartiya

you realize of course that this is just another id for /Linux is
One/Linux Tyro/Rameshwar Kr. Sharma/

Mr Craig. My Name is Swapnil Bhartiya. I write for Muktware.com, I used
to be an editor of LINUX For You magazine. While your 'skepticism' is
appreciated, please don't club me with trolls.

Only a few links. Please search Google and you will find more.
http://www.muktware.com/articles/2936
http://www.muktware.com/news/2855
http://www.muktware.com/a/10/2011/825/how-install-libreoffice-fedora-14-errors-included
http://www.muktware.com/articles/2976
http://www.muktware.com/bitsnbytes/3027

And. I have technical problem for which I seek help. Sharing all the
info needed. I am not asking about whether I use Ubuntu or Fedora. I am
simply asking about being able to use Fedora.

Now I'm not saying that he's not worth helping but the drama about
'giving up on Fedora' or 'writing an article for a magazine' or
whatever... just seems to accumulate.

If you don't think I am worth helping, please don't.

Swapnil

Old 12-26-2011, 07:11 AM
Craig White

On Mon, 2011-12-26 at 08:57 +0100, Swapnil Bhartiya wrote:
> > you realize of course that this is just another id for /Linux is
> > One/Linux Tyro/Rameshwar Kr. Sharma/
>
> Mr Craig. My Name is Swapnil Bhartiya. I write for Muktware.com, I used
> to be an editor of LINUX For You magazine. While your 'skepticism' is
> appreciated, please don't club me with trolls.
>
> Only a few links. Please search Google and you will find more.
> http://www.muktware.com/articles/2936
> http://www.muktware.com/news/2855
> http://www.muktware.com/a/10/2011/825/how-install-libreoffice-fedora-14-errors-included
> http://www.muktware.com/articles/2976
> http://www.muktware.com/bitsnbytes/3027
>
> And. I have technical problem for which I seek help. Sharing all the
> info needed. I am not asking about whether I use Ubuntu or Fedora. I am
> simply asking about being able to use Fedora.
>
> > Now I'm not saying that he's not worth helping but the drama about
> > 'giving up on Fedora' or 'writing an article for a magazine' or
> > whatever... just seems to accumulate.
>
> If you don't think I am worth helping, please don't.
----
My apologies for the mis-identification.

Craig

believed to be clean.

Old 12-26-2011, 07:43 AM
Swapnil Bhartiya

Had to search for it, because it didn't sound familiar and
"yum search fedora utils" also didn't find it. Apparently, you refer
to http://fedorautils.sourceforge.net/ which is not include with Fedora.
Yes. That's what I meant. First time when system broke, we thought it
might have caused it. In the next reinstall, I did not install
Fedorautils. Still the system broke.

I can do a fresh install once again if that may help.

As mentioned, collecting data may be helpful. If you reinstall Fedora 16
and it works initially, try to find out whether applying Updates
reproduces the problem. Save the full list of installed packages _prior_
to applying updates, e.g. "rpm -qa --last> pkgs-20111225-1.txt", then
save and review the list of packages to be installed by a "yum update".
For the beginning, skip updates of the Linux kernel and nvidia drivers.
Or update *only* individual packages, such as the kernel or the drivers.

I am downloading a fresh copy of 64b Fedora 16. Will reinstall on both
machines. I have dual monitor for main PC and the built in settings
can't configure which monitor should be on right and which should be the
main (with Activity and dash on it). Thus I had to use Nvidia settings.
If there is a way to fix that without needing Nvidia. I will be happy.

The issue with Dell remains as there is no Nvidia card.

Note: I have a multiboot system (running openSUSE/Ubuntu and trying
Fedora on it) any advice on that? Since Fedora can't detect Ubuntu I
usually don't install fedora Grub and then from within Ubuntu update the
grub. (keeping different OSes for reviews and articles).

Swapnil

Old 12-26-2011, 08:48 AM
LinuxIsOne

On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 1:27 PM, Swapnil Bhartiya
<swapnil.bhartiya@gmail.com> wrote:

> Mr Craig. My Name is Swapnil Bhartiya. I write for Muktware.com, I used to
> be an editor of LINUX For You magazine. While your 'skepticism' is
> appreciated, please don't club me with trolls.

And the same was I telling him that he is misinterpreting things, and
even telling my Rameshwa, which is also not the case.

Old 12-26-2011, 03:03 PM
Swapnil Bhartiya