-   -   Quick dracut/grub2 question (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/613695-quick-dracut-grub2-question.html)

Joe Zeff 12-24-2011 08:58 PM

Quick dracut/grub2 question

Recently, I learned that you can now boot Fedora through grub2 without
an inetrd line. In fact, it will boot quicker. If you do, however,
grub2-probe, called from grub2-mkconfig will fail with the message
"cannot stat /dev/root" and any new kernel you've installed won't get
added to /boot/grub2/grub.cfg. As it happens, the kernel I'm using
right now has no such line and no initramfs in /boot, although two more
recent kernels did get an initramfs built.

I know that all I need to do is use dracut to create the proper
initramfs, then edit grub.cfg, adding the initrd line to the appropriate
place, but I'm having a bit of trouble locating the proper command line
for dracut. I find this frustrating, because I've seen it before, and
now that I need it, I can't locate it. I'd appreciate if it somebody
who knows would post the command line, so that I can correct this for
the kernel I'm using, reboot and then update grub.cfg properly.

g 12-24-2011 10:37 PM

Quick dracut/grub2 question

On 12/24/2011 09:58 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
<>

> I know that all I need to do is use dracut to create the proper
> initramfs, then edit grub.cfg, adding the initrd line to the appropriate
> place, but I'm having a bit of trouble locating the proper command line
> for dracut.
-=-

give this a try;

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Dracut

hth.

have a happy and merry.

--

peace out.

tc.hago,

.

*please reply "plain text" only. "html text" are deleted*

****
**
**
**