Old 12-23-2011, 10:41 AM
Frank Murphy

Default Yum UpdateUpgrade was Clean Installs are Remarkable

On 23/12/11 11:29, Reindl Harald wrote:

however, 8 GB is the maximum used space for / an oll machines
my co-developer has 3,000 packages on his notebook (x86_64 and
way too much i686 crap) and a dist-upgrades takes only few
hours

yum update + reboot <= 50min

I have machines updated from F13,
my last clean install.

If and when btrfs makes default,
will probably be the next clean install.

Frank Murphy
UTF_8 Encoded
Friend of fedoraproject.org

Old 12-24-2011, 08:25 AM
Tim

On Fri, 2011-12-23 at 11:41 +0000, Frank Murphy wrote:
> yum update + reboot <= 50min
>
> I have machines updated from F13,
> my last clean install.

I didn't time the updates, but while waiting for my mother's old PC to
boot up Windows 2000 and get her mail (all of about 4 small emails), I
did a complete Fedora 16 install on another PC in the room.

Yet, I still haven't convinced her to dump her old PC.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.