Old 12-23-2011, 07:35 AM
Heinz Diehl

Default Buy an SSD now, or wait?

On 22.12.2011, Michael Cronenworth wrote:

> All you need is enough room to run your root partition on so the
> 60 to 80 gig models are plenty. A HDD is
> obviously still more cost-effective to store videos, music, etc., and you
> can still use a HDD as your home directory.

Then, could you please tell me how I get installed to harddisks into my
laptop? :-)

Old 12-23-2011, 07:44 AM
Fernando Cassia

On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 05:09, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@gmail.com> wrote:

> Did you not notice that the GP is Japanese?

Hi Dotan,

No, I did not. Why does it make a difference?.

IMHO Its GE whos mostly to blame for Fukushima, ie ("save costs at
the expense of security") despite the general lack of wisdom of
building reactors at coastal areas on regions that have experience
tsunamis.

Fukushima: Mark 1 Nuclear Reactor Design Caused GE Scientist To Quit In Protest
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/fukushima-mark-nuclear-reactor-design-caused-ge-scientist/story?id=13141287#.TvQ7pYHfVvA

Surely Obama and the vast Left Wing Conspiracy had something to do
with that, retroactivelly. (sarcasm)

> And for that matter, like he pointed out, not a single injury or death
> can be ascribed to the failures at the 40 year old nuclear power plant
> that was one month from retirement.

Thats up to debate. Do you include the workers? why not?

Also, give it time...

Fukushima radiation mapped
Cesium in soil a problem for agriculture
http://spectrum.ieee.org/energy/environment/postfukushima-radiation-mapped

Cesium in Baby Milk Powder Shows Nuclear Risk for Japan Food
http://www.businessweek.com/news/2011-12-07/cesium-in-baby-milk-powder-shows-nuclear-risk-for-japan-food.html

Ex-Chief of Japan Nuclear Plant Has Cancer
http://blogs.voanews.com/breaking-news/2011/12/09/ex-chief-of-japan-nuclear-plant-has-cancer/

"unrelated to radiation": Yeah, right, just a coincidence.
OK, I said on the previous message that I wouldnt comment further but
I couldnt let the above go unanswered.

This *is* the last post on this thread by me. (unless we go back to
topic, that is SSDs, I for instance commented on SSDs and asked about
the use of ext2 for /tmp).

FC

Old 12-23-2011, 08:03 AM
jdow