-   -   R: R: Openfoam is available!!! (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/612865-r-r-openfoam-available.html)

"antonio.montagnani@alice.it" 12-22-2011 02:47 PM

R: R: Openfoam is available!!!

16.39
>A: "Community support for Fedora users"
>Ogg: Re: R: Re: Openfoam is
available!!!

>On 12/22/2011 11:32 PM, antonio.montagnani@alice.it wrote:

never heard of Google??

>I am sure he has heard of Google...and so have I.
>

>But, the point is don't make people search to determine what you are
>talking
about in order to see if they are interested to know more.

>Make the effort
to explain yourself just a little bit. Not all of us
>are rocket scientists.
>

>--

as already explained, thread was already open: I will not spend any more
time (that I don't have) to add any single line why I didn't (or I forgot to)
add the description of Openfoam...

Rgds

Patrick O'Callaghan 12-22-2011 03:58 PM

R: R: Openfoam is available!!!

On Thu, 2011-12-22 at 16:47 +0100, antonio.montagnani@alice.it wrote:
> as already explained, thread was already open

Wrong. There is a discussion about two month ago. Your new message is
not part of that thread and makes no reference to it.

I'm done discussing this.

poc

Ed Greshko 12-22-2011 09:05 PM

R: R: Openfoam is available!!!

On 12/22/2011 11:47 PM, antonio.montagnani@alice.it wrote:
> as already explained, thread was already open: I will not spend any more
> time (that I don't have) to add any single line why I didn't (or I forgot to)
> add the description of Openfoam...

You are totally incorrect....

If your "announcement" message had been part of a thread, it would have
contained at least an "In-Reply-To:" and a "References:" but *it did not*.

Also, you make the fatal assumption that *everyone* on the list was "on
the list" two months ago when you originally talked of OpenFoam. You
also fatally assume that those on the list actually keep all the
messages from the list and could see you thread in their mailers. I,
for one, keep only 14 days of messages. So, even if your message was
part of a thread I would not see it the original.

You don't have any time to add a single line of explanation, but you
certainly have time to try and explain why you just couldn't be bothered
with being informative.

fools. -- Douglas Adams in "Mostly Harmless

Alan Cox 12-23-2011 02:13 PM

R: R: Openfoam is available!!!

> never heard of Google??

Long before Google came manners. You might like to look those up on
google too

> as already explained, thread was already open: I will not spend any more
> time (that I don't have) to add any single line why I didn't (or I forgot to)
> add the description of Openfoam...

Which is a good way to damage the world's view of Openfoam and make them
associate it with badness. All you had to do was say 'See the older
thread for more info, its a program for XYZ'

Meanwhile the only foam is staying on my beer, and its not open 8)

Alan