Old 12-22-2011, 02:32 PM
"antonio.montagnani@alice.it"

Default R: Openfoam is available!!!

>----Messaggio originale----
>Da: pocallaghan@gmail.com
>Data: 22-dic-2011
16.22
>Ogg: Re: Openfoam is available!!!
>
>On Thu, 2011-12-22 at 15:47
+0100, Antonio M wrote:
>> 2011/12/22 Patrick O'Callaghan :
>> > On Thu, 2011-
12-22 at 09:27 +0100, Antonio M wrote:
>> >> Openfoam is available for F15 and
F16, both 32 bit and 64 bit.

>> >> On the download page http://www.openfoam.com/download/fedora.phpI

think that the instruction module load openmpi-x86_64 should be read

module load openmpii386 in case of 32 bit.

>> > I must say I get a bit fed
up with announcements of this sort, which
>> > can't even be bothered including
a line of description about what the
>> > thing is. Why should I be forced to
open a Web page to find if I have
>> > any interest in this?
>> >
>> > poc
>> >

>> > --
>> Openfoam
has been discussed some time ago on this list, and there was
>> a group
interested in packaging it: nobody compels you to open any
>> page, but I do
not care if you didn't follow the thread a while ago.

>You still don't get it
do you? The fact that some random package was
>discussed a while back is no
reason not to include a one-line
>description reminding people what it is. It's
not like we're talking
>about gcc or X or the kernel. It's a niche interest,
but of course I
>know that only because of information from another poster,
since your
>reply adds precisely no useful information to what you posted

>originally.
>
>poc
>
>--

never heard of Google??

Old 12-22-2011, 02:39 PM
Ed Greshko

On 12/22/2011 11:32 PM, antonio.montagnani@alice.it wrote:
> never heard of Google??

I am sure he has heard of Google...and so have I.

But, the point is don't make people search to determine what you are
talking about in order to see if they are interested to know more.

Make the effort to explain yourself just a little bit. Not all of us
are rocket scientists.

fools. -- Douglas Adams in "Mostly Harmless