Old 12-22-2011, 12:20 PM
Craig White

Default After a while, dolphin, konqueror (and other KDE apps) won't start...

On Thu, 2011-12-22 at 07:13 -0600, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
>

> > Let's say I login to a fresh KDE session. All of the above listed
> > applications start and function perfectly. Then, let's say I have
> > closed all instances of the "offending" KDE applications. If I attempt
> > to start one of them from KRunner, it just does not start.
>
> One guess is that your dbus session has stopped responding for some reason.
>
> Does running: qdbus
> return and show anything?
>
> Otherwise,
> I'd look in ~/.xsession-errors for anything suspicious
> try running apps under strace, may give a clue where things are getting
> wedged.
----
just an fyi... I too have a clean install of F16 and noted it taking
forever to launch dolphin and noticed that my many days running
evolution and firefox were dragging the performance way down and quit
them. This seemed to restore expected behavior. I'm keeping an eye on
evolution. Firefox w/ Flash is a known pig.

Craig

believed to be clean.

Old 12-23-2011, 08:51 PM
"Steven P. Ulrick"

Let's say I login to a fresh KDE session. All of the above listed
applications start and function perfectly. Then, let's say I have
closed all instances of the "offending" KDE applications. If I attempt
to start one of them from KRunner, it just does not start.

One guess is that your dbus session has stopped responding for some reason.

Does running: qdbus
return and show anything?

Otherwise,
I'd look in ~/.xsession-errors for anything suspicious
try running apps under strace, may give a clue where things are getting
wedged.

-- rex

Hello Rex,
Here is the output of "qdbus":
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=CicNz0hV

Also, I have what MIGHT be a related issue that I just saw for the first
time: At least Dolphin and Konqueror will not load any directories. The
window opens and looks normal except for the fact that the area where
the directories/files would be displayed is blank. Dolphin gives me a
really good error message:

Could not start process Unable to create io-slave:
klauncher said: Error loading 'kio_file'.

Here is the output of "qdus", as well as a strace for three different
applications that exhibit this issue:

http://tinypaste.com/d4d1b2c1 (dolphin)
http://tinypaste.com/d2d9bc1c (konqueror)
http://tinypaste.com/35f50887 (ksysguard)
http://tinypaste.com/4761c6cb (qdbus)

If you need any more information, let me know.

Steven P. Ulrick

Old 12-24-2011, 01:44 AM
夜神 岩男