Old 03-28-2008, 12:16 AM

Default yum --skip-broken breaks my heart.

"yum --skip-broken update" command brings up with* 1188 updates/install (this accumulation due to previous failures) and 2 remove. All downloaded.At the end two items* not found and the whole operation aborted.

I tried to install those 2 items, not found anywhere.

*(1)libdhcp6client-0.10.so.0, (2)libdhcp4client-3.06.so.0

Ramachandran

Old 03-28-2008, 10:49 AM
Rex Dieter

ramachandranc1@aim.com wrote:

> "yum --skip-broken update" command brings up with? 1188 updates/install
> (this accumulation due to previous failures) and 2 remove. All
> downloaded.At the end two items* not found and the whole operation
> aborted.

yum update yum
first, then try again.

-- Rex

Old 03-30-2008, 12:11 AM
Ric Moore

On Thu, 2008-03-27 at 21:16 -0400, ramachandranc1@aim.com wrote:
> "yum --skip-broken update" command brings up with 1188
> updates/install (this accumulation due to previous failures) and 2
> remove. All downloaded.At the end two items* not found and the whole
> operation aborted.
> I tried to install those 2 items, not found anywhere.

Breaks your heart? Fedora is a harsh mistress. <grins hugely> Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar