Old 12-21-2011, 11:29 PM
"T.C. Hollingsworth"

Default dbus-daemon error message persisting

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 4:47 AM, Timothy Murphy <gayleard@eircom.net> wrote:
> Thanks for the info.
> But is there any simple way of stopping upowerd?
> I tested yum-removing it, but this would have taken
> dozens of applications with it.

You can just remove
/usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.freedesktop.UPower.service.
That file could be restored on update, though.

Unfortunately, upower is central to the power management features of
many desktops, so doing so may cause problems with your desktop
environment, especially if you're using a laptop.

-T.C.