Old 12-20-2011, 02:38 AM
Matthew Saltzman

Default Graphical file search tool

On Mon, 2011-12-19 at 18:53 -0800, Peter Gordon wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-12-19 at 21:02 -0500, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> > Get ready for Gnome 3 on f16. All that is GOOOONNNNNNEEEEEE.
> >
> > Or hidden somewhere that I have not found.
>
> It's definitely not gone. In Nautilus for GNOME 3.x, you can select
> "Search for Files..." from the "Go" main menu; or you can simply press
> Ctrl+F, if you (as I do) prefer keyboard shortcuts.
>
> (If it matters, this is with GNOME 3.2 on Fedora 16.)
>
> Hope that helps.

Or (this is actually sorta cool...) click Activities or press the logo
key and start typing "search for files".

Works in F15, too (though ctrl-f doesn't seem to.

--
Matthew Saltzman
Clemson University Mathematical Sciences

Old 12-20-2011, 02:44 AM
Robert Moskowitz

Get ready for Gnome 3 on f16. All that is GOOOONNNNNNEEEEEE.

Or hidden somewhere that I have not found.

It's definitely not gone. In Nautilus for GNOME 3.x, you can select
"Search for Files..." from the "Go" main menu; or you can simply press
Ctrl+F, if you (as I do) prefer keyboard shortcuts.

(If it matters, this is with GNOME 3.2 on Fedora 16.)

Hope that helps.

I tried that and it did not recurse down the directory tree. It only
searched the current directory.

Old 12-20-2011, 02:53 AM
Robert Moskowitz