Old 12-18-2011, 11:46 PM
Tom Horsley

Default Recovering Journal - How Long?

On Sun, 18 Dec 2011 14:45:18 -0800
Daniel B. Thurman wrote:

> The key here is, dead chickens/popes cannot breathe
> life into the drive because it (chicken/pope) is dead,
> but don't take my word for it, do your own homework
> and at your own risk.

Actually, I've seen a desperation move work: Put the drive
in the freezer for a few hours - it just might work long
enough while at low temperature to get some critical files
off it (this has really worked at least once or twice
that I know of).

And what the heck, if it doesn't work, you aren't any worse
off anyway.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:44 AM
Richard Hughes

On 19 December 2011 00:46, Tom Horsley <horsley1953@gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually, I've seen a desperation move work: Put the drive
> in the freezer for a few hours - it just might work long
> enough while at low temperature to get some critical files
> off it (this has really worked at least once or twice
> that I know of).

It worked for me. I had a laptop hard drive that made a high pitched
whine and got very hot. I had to repeat the "freeze hard drive,
attach, copy, wait 10mins for it to get hot, SCREEEECH" thing about 6
times before I got all the data off the drive.

Richard.

Old 12-19-2011, 03:16 PM
"Linda McLeod"

Re: [RESOLVED] Re: Recovering Journal - How Long?