-   -   Sorry for not being clear (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/61093-sorry-not-being-clear.html)

Stuart Sears 03-27-2008 03:52 PM

Sorry for not being clear

Timothy Payne wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: max bianco To: For users of Fedora
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2008 7:51 AM Subject: Re: Sorry for not
being clear

On Tue, Jan 1, 2002 at 3:45 AM, Timothy Payne <tim@tmpco.com> wrote:

This is from a Windows XP Pro aplication log file

I did not set it up It was done in the background It was done by
remote No alarms or messages were made just this:

Event Type: Warning Event Source: WinMgmt Event Category: None Event
ID: 5603 Date: 3/22/2008 Time: 7:43:38 PM User: NT
AUTHORITYSYSTEM Computer: TIM Description: A provider, Rsop Planning
Mode Provider, has been registered in the WMI namespace, rootRSOP,
but did not specify the HostingModel property. This provider will be
run using the LocalSystem account. This account is privileged and
the provider may cause a security violation if it does not correctly
impersonate user requests. Ensure that provider has been reviewed
for security behavior and update the HostingModel property of the

provider registration to an account with the least privileges
possible for the required functionality.

He copies: My Documents, all web pages, contacts, and trash. The
remote user collects the data from a database on the machine, and you
never it's going on unless you notice 20 UDP packets go through your
network for no reason.

--

This is a windows problem and i don't think anyone here cares.
Please stop hitting the FEDORA LIST with bullshit traffic

I'm sorry, I just assumed that almost every network had one XP box,
and that would be a problem because he will wait as long as it takes
to get the box he wants. And this dose get in Fedora and other Linux
OS. So wouldn't it be smart to find out how XP is shreadded and make
your Linux box ready? Or is that just Bullshit?

No good deed goes unpunished. No I won't answer any questions now.

Is there any way you can fix quoting in your email client? It is
fundamentally unclear which parts of the above are yours and which parts
are not?

Kind regards,

Stuart

--
Stuart Sears RHCA etc.

"max bianco" 03-27-2008 04:07 PM

Sorry for not being clear

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 12:52 PM, Stuart Sears <stuart@sjsears.com> wrote:

Timothy Payne wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: max bianco To: For users of Fedora

> *Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2008 7:51 AM Subject: Re: Sorry for not

> being clear

> On Tue, Jan 1, 2002 at 3:45 AM, Timothy Payne <tim@tmpco.com> wrote:

> This is from a Windows XP Pro aplication log file

> I did not set it up It was done in the background It was done by

> remote No alarms or messages were made just this:

> Event Type: Warning Event Source: WinMgmt Event Category: None Event

> ID: 5603 Date: *3/22/2008 Time: *7:43:38 PM User: *NT

> AUTHORITYSYSTEM Computer: TIM Description: A provider, Rsop Planning

> Mode Provider, has been registered in the WMI namespace, rootRSOP,

> but did not specify the HostingModel property. *This provider will be

> run using the LocalSystem account. *This account is privileged and

> the provider may cause a security violation if it does not correctly

> impersonate user requests. *Ensure that provider has been reviewed

> for security behavior and update the HostingModel property of the

> provider registration to an account with the least privileges

> possible for the required functionality.

> He copies: My Documents, all web pages, contacts, and trash. *The

> remote user collects the data from a database on the machine, and you

> never it's going on unless you notice 20 UDP packets go through your

> network for no reason.

> --

> This *is a windows problem and i don't think anyone here cares.

> Please stop hitting the FEDORA LIST with bullshit traffic

> I'm sorry, I just assumed that almost every network had one XP box,

> and that would be a problem because he will wait as long as it takes

> to get the box he wants. *And this dose get in Fedora and other Linux

> OS. *So wouldn't it be smart to find out how XP is shreadded and make

> your Linux box ready? *Or is that just Bullshit?

> No good deed goes unpunished. *No I won't answer any questions now.

Is there any way you can fix quoting in your email client? It is

fundamentally unclear which parts of the above are yours and which parts

are not?

Kind regards,

Stuart

I asked that he stop hitting the fedora list with bullshit traffic.

Posting security issues without any kind of evidence to support it is bullshit! Windows is a security nightmare, i've cleaned too many virus infected winblows boxes to care about one more or less. In addition claiming that Linux is vulnerable to the same , while certainly possible,* without* some kind* of proof is more bullshit than i care to see.

Les 03-27-2008 09:08 PM

Sorry for not being clear

On Tue, 2002-01-01 at 00:07 -0800, Timothy Payne wrote:

> [...]
Hi, Timothy,
Among other things for some reason, your date and time appear to have
been affected. Your last two posts show Dec 31, 2001 and Jan 1, 2002.

For those of you running servers, this might not be good if it is
related to the other issue Timothy is discussing. Think about your
backups and Database updates.

Regards,
Les H

Cameron Simpson 03-27-2008 11:19 PM

Sorry for not being clear

On 01Jan2002 00:07, Timothy Payne <tim@tmpco.com> wrote:
| A provider, Rsop Planning Mode Provider, has been registered in the WMI
| namespace, rootRSOP, but did not specify the HostingModel property. This
| provider will be run using the LocalSystem account. This account is
| privileged and the provider may cause a security violation if it does not
[...]
| This is a windows problem and i don't think anyone here cares. Please stop hitting the FEDORA LIST with bullshit traffic
|
| I'm sorry, I just assumed that almost every network had one XP box,

A false assumption. Mine LAN doesn't, nor do the LANs I maintain.
Indeed, getting rid of Windows boxes is a good step forward in having a
well run LAN.

| and that would be a problem because he will wait as long as it takes to
| get the box he wants. And this dose get in Fedora and other Linux OS.
| So wouldn't it be smart to find out how XP is shreadded and make your
| Linux box ready? Or is that just Bullshit?

If your linux box trusts a windows box like this then you've probably
gone out of your way to make it do so.
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@zip.com.au> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

The AusAID family planning guidelines, instituted in 1996 by a Coalition
government [...], forbade any organisation that accepts Australian aid
dollars from providing, recommending or even supplying information on
abortion - even when to do so may save the woman's life.
- Emily Maguire 31dec2007 http://www.smh.com.au/

Da Rock 03-27-2008 11:55 PM

Sorry for not being clear

> A false assumption. Mine LAN doesn't, nor do the LANs I maintain.
> Indeed, getting rid of Windows boxes is a good step forward in having a
> well run LAN.

Here, here. Me too, and my sentiments exactly.

My last Windows box only runs my TV until I get it worked out for *nix,
and its not on the LAN. Pretty soon it too will be gone.

"Tim" 03-28-2008 09:09 PM

Sorry for not being clear

Thanks for the feed back, I'll call the FBI back and tell them you guys said
it's a waste of time.

But first I must: