Old 03-26-2008, 06:34 PM
"Dave Burns"

Default yum stuck on update

I tried to do a yum update. It turns out someone had turned on
yum-updatesd on that machine. My update proceeded until the
transaction test and hung:

[snip]
Downloading Packages:
{snip]
(8/8): devhelp-0.13-13.fc 100% |=========================| 183 kB 00:03
Running rpm_check_debug
Running Transaction Test

Before, when I stupidly tried to do a yum update with yum-updatesd
running, it has given me an error message about a locked resource or
something. Not this time.

I stopped yum-updatesd, no help there.

How can I get it unstuck?

TIA,