Old 03-26-2008, 03:51 PM
"Patrick O'Callaghan"

Default Yum plugin for broken repos

I have freshrpms in my list of standard repos for updating, but
frequently the ayo.freshrpms.net site is unreachable, meaning yum can't
even download the list of mirror sites for the repo, and it simply stops
with an error message.

So I find myself doing "yum --disablerepo-freshrpms ..." when this
happens.

Which is a bore.

Does anyone know of a plugin that will simply skip unavailable repos and
carry on rather than aborting? http://wiki.linux.duke.edu/YumPlugins
doesn't seem to have anything in that regard.

poc