Old 12-04-2011, 05:41 PM
JD

Default F16 & Gnome3 problems

AT last I had the opportunity to fully upgrade f14 TO f16 via DVD.
There were not problems reported during upgrade.
Upon reboot (which took forever), I never got the gnome login
screen. Screen remains blank (black).

I believe it may have to do with my video card (old Radeon Mobility 9600).
This does not happen in f14 with gnome 2.x

Thanx for any hints/info on how to get around this problem.

P.S:

I have not yet tried

http://news.softpedia.com/news/New-ATI-Video-Driver-Fixes-GNOME-3-Issues-224818.shtml